Goodbye pizza dough, hello homemade pizza bagels
(NC) Lunchbox friendly and kid pleasing, these vegetarian pizza bagels are the perfect portion to keep stomachs full until the bell rings. Customize this recipe with your favorite pizza toppings or get creative with fun shapes and faces for little ones. For added fiber, use whole grain bagels.
Vegetarian Pizza Bagels
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) pizza sauce
• 2 bagels, split and toasted
• 4 slices Armstrong Havarti cheese
• 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green or black olives
1. Preheat broiler. Spread pizza sauce evenly on each bagel half. Top with Havarti cheese, cherry tomatoes and sliced olives.
2. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts and bagel is toasted.
Find more recipe ideas at www.armstrongcheese.ca and visit fb.com/armstrongcheese for your chance to win $2,000 in prizes until September 22, 2016.