The secret to perfect homemade soup
Starting with a flavourful broth made with natural ingredients is essential to creating a sensational pot of soup. “Quality recipes start with quality ingredients,” explains Park. “The broth really is the foundation that will set the flavour stage for every soup.”
Park recommends home chefs try his vegetarian mushroom miso soup, made with quality ingredients and all natural flavours. The base for this soup, Campbell’s Ready To Use Mushroom Broth, is infused with hints of cabernet sauvignon, sherry wines and essential oils from thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
Vegetarian Mushroom Miso Soup
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
• 1 carton (900 mL) Campbell’s Ready to Use Mushroom Broth
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) white miso “fermented soy bean paste”
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) sake (rice wine)
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried wakame seaweed, sliced
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) hard or soft tofu, cut in 1/4” (0.6 cm) cubes
• 1/3 cup (80 mL) shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup (80 mL) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup (80 mL) enoki mushrooms, whole
• 1/3 cup (80 mL) king oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onion
1. Pour broth into a medium saucepan, and bring to a low simmer.
2. Add miso paste and sake and whisk until smooth.
3. Add dried wakame seaweed, tofu, shiitake, white, enoki and king oyster mushrooms to the pan and cook for another 5 min.
4. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped green onions.
1. Add more miso instead of salt to season to taste.
2. Garnish with cracked black pepper before serving.
Find more delicious recipes at www.cookwithcampbells.ca.
Chef Antonio Park’s recipes were developed and served exclusively at La Cantine Par Campbell’s in Montreal and The Cabin by Campbell’s in Toronto – pop-up restaurants that brought together thousands of Canadians for a shared We All Soup experience.