Go Greek with fresh, flavorful ingredients like cucumbers, red peppers, herbs and olives. And, when you’re craving the rich flavors of Italy, look no further than the Modern Italian Cottage Cheese Plate. Dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, lemon and pine nuts mixed with cottage cheese combine for a guest-worthy salad or dip when served with baguette slices or multi-grain crackers.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup California low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup red and yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 6 whole grain baguette slices
- 3 teaspoons Real California butter
- Spread butter lightly on baguette slices and toast. Stir together cottage cheese, tomatoes, basil, garlic and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Place arugula onto two plates and top with cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and surround with tomatoes, olives and baguette slices.