Lamb can be an easy and satisfying weeknight meal, and these lamb loin chops with a fragrant and flavourful Marsala sauce will prove it. Serve over mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
• 5-6 lamb loin chops
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
• 8 oz (227 g) fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) Marsala wine (or dry white wine)
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
• 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
• Fresh thyme
• Salt and pepper
1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge loin chops in flour.
2. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat add olive oil. When oil is hot, add loin chops to pan. Sear on either side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add butter and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms until liquid is released, about 5 minutes. Add shallots and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Slowly add wine to deglaze pan, using spatula to scrape it clean. Add chicken stock, mustard and seared loin chops. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve over hot mashed potatoes.
Find more impressive weeknight meals online at mushrooms.ca.