These healthy Portobello mushroom BLTs are a delicious spin on your favourite sandwich, and are easily packed as a work lunch or enjoyed as a tasty last-minute dinner.
Portobello Mushroom BLTs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
• 4 tsp olive oil, divided
• 12 slices turkey bacon
• 2 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
• 1 large field tomato, sliced
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 package arugula
• 4 whole wheat ciabatta buns
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey bacon, cooking slices for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Add remaining olive oil and then add mushrooms, sautéing until just cooked.
2. Meanwhile, toast buns. Add turkey bacon, slice of tomato, mushroom slices, red onion, arugula and mayo in between each bun. Serve and enjoy.
Find more seasonally-inspired recipes online at mushrooms.ca.