Simple appetizers for stress-free entertaining
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook: Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
• 1 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
• 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
• 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
• 1 head garlic, cloves removed and peeled
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, shaking occasionally until they’re deep brown, about 5 minutes. Add chili flakes, garlic, remaining oil, and sea salt. Once oil is bubbling, reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Stir together parsley, lemon zest, and juice. Stir in 2 tbsp oil from the mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve mushrooms warm in all or some of the oil. Drizzle with parsley sauce.
Tip: The mushroom garlic oil can be refrigerated for later use. Use in a salad dressing or drizzle on pasta, pizza, or just about anything.
Find more easy holiday appetizers at www.mushrooms.ca.