Double-duty recipes make flavorful sides or full meals
Mixed Greens with Bacon Dressing
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
• 2 tbsp bacon grease (or canola oil)
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp canola oil
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• 375 g pkg of bacon, chopped
• Black pepper
• Mixed salad greens
• Cherry tomatoes, sliced
1. Spread out bacon slices in a single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet and oven-roast at 400°F for 15 to 25 min until crispy.
2. Combine bacon grease, vinegar, oil, Dijon and honey in a small jar. Shake vigorously.
3. Add chopped bacon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Shake again.
4. Combine greens and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle with bacon dressing.
Find more double-duty salad ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.