This is a really nice dessert to serve at your Halloween parties or after your Thanksgiving holiday meal. I often entertain here at my home during the fall months, so I will make this recipe and serve it with some wonderful fall flavored teas and coffees.
If desired, you can substitute the canned pumpkin with some fresh puree, although when I substitute, I also add in 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to give it additional flavor.
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- non-dairy whipped topping for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom of 9 x 13″ pan.
- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Pour into your prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin batter. Top the batter with chopped pecans, then drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. It is important to check the center of the cake for doneness before removing it from the oven. Let it cool and then place in a refrigerator for 2 hours in an airtight container.
Serving Suggestion: We like to serve ours cold and garnished with some non-dairy whipped topping.
Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989 and is a Manager with Tupperware. Shelly enjoys cooking and baking for her friends and family. You can visit Shelly online at http://www.workathomebusinessoptions.com or her recipe blog at http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com for additional free recipes.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com