If you’re building a gluten-free menu, it’s important to include whole grains, which provide many essential nutrients. To get started, try this delicious dish, Southwestern Quinoa Salad, which pairs both quinoa and corn with flavorful, fresh ingredients that everyone will love.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 ears corn, roasted and cut off cob
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 -teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 -teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, corn, pepper, beans, scallions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil and seasonings. Pour over quinoa mixture.- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to let flavors set.