Bring mouth-watering aroma and show-stopping flavour to your holiday meal with a comforting side dish that pairs perfectly with the star of the meal – the turkey. This rich and cheesy dish requires minimal prep work and has only three easy steps, cutting cooking time to 20 minutes or less.
“The holidays shouldn’t be spent slaving over complicated recipes,” says Paul Del Duca, senior vice president of fresh foods at Walmart Canada. He points out that Walmart’s easy to follow recipes and everyday low prices on food ensure that families have a dressed up feast, while keeping the costs down.
Creamy Bacon and Cheese Potato Gratin
• 1 can of sliced white potatoes, drained
• 1 cup Great Value Bacon Alfredo Sauce
• 1/2 cup Great Value 3-Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Spray a 4 cup (1 litre) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together potatoes, Alfredo sauce and ¼ cup (60 mL) cheese with a rubber spatula; transfer to prepared baking dish. Use the spatula to spread potatoes into an even layer. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling and lightly browned.
Additional recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.