Grill up the perfect summer appetizer
Grilled mini pizzas are a fun and entertaining option in the summer.
“Serve these Creamy Asiago Mini Naan Pizzas as a quick and easy appetizer at your next backyard barbecue,” recommends Chef Tom Filippou, Executive Chef for President’s Choice Cooking School. “Get your guests involved by setting up a selection of toppings and having them create their own pizza before popping them on the grill.”
Creamy Asiago Mini Naan Pizzas
• 6 PC Whole Wheat Naan Rounds
• 6 tbsp (90 mL) PC Artichoke & Asiago Dip
• 3 PC Cocktail Tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) Very finely sliced shallots
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup (250 mL) PC Organics Baby Arugula
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-low heat.
2. Place naan rounds on work surface. Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) dip over one naan leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border around edges; repeat with remaining naan.
3. Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices on each naan; top each with some shallots. Season with pepper.
4. Place naan rounds carefully on grill; cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until shallots are tender and light golden and naan is crisp with grill marks. Transfer to serving platter; top with arugula. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas are available online at pc.ca.