Cheesy wonton rolls are a sizzling snack time success
Cheesy Jalapeño Wonton Rolls
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
• 12 store-bought wonton wrappers
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
• 6 Armstrong Monterey Jack with Jalapeño cheese snacks, halved
• 1 green onion, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
• 3/4 cup (175 mL) plum sauce, for dipping
1. On a clean surface, arrange wonton wrappers to resemble diamonds. In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Using a pastry brush, add egg wash to wrapper edges.
2. Place one piece of cheese horizontally in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Top with green onions. Fold left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling. Fold bottom and roll into a cylinder, pressing slightly to adhere.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb oil.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with plum sauce.
Find more recipe ideas at www.armstrongcheese.ca.