The ultimate steak experience is enhanced with the perfect accompaniments. Pair a perfectly grilled strip loin with this tangy and creamy combination of spinach and blue cheese and allow the steak’s texture and flavour to shine through.
Beef Strip Loin with Creamy Blue Cheese Spinach
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
• 4 100% Canadian AAA Angus strip loin steaks
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 lb (453 g) Russet or Yukon potatoes
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 12 oz (340 g) frozen spinach, thawed
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 4 oz (113 g) blue cheese, crumbled
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a pan over a medium-high heat, sear steaks for 3 to 5 min per side (or to your liking).
3. Thinly slice potatoes, dress with olive oil and season with salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 15 min.
4. In a saucepan, combine spinach with heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Warm over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. To plate, place creamy spinach with the potatoes beside it. Then layer the steak over both spinach and potatoes. Crumble blue cheese on top for the final touch, letting the heat melt the cheese slightly.
Find more fresh recipes ideas online at walmart.ca/recipes.