On a roll to a lunchbox victory with these Cubano-inspired eats
(NC) With ingredients your kid already knows and loves, this is one snack you’ll enjoy too. Inspired by the Cubano sandwich made popular in southern Florida, these crispy, cheesy rolls are easy to whip up on a busy school night.
Baked Cubano Rolls
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
• 4 flour tortillas (7-inch/18-cm)
• 4 tsp (20 mL) yellow mustard
• 4 slices ham
• 4 slices Armstrong Swiss cheese
• 8 dill pickle slices
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread mustard evenly over tortillas. Top each tortilla with one slice of ham, one Swiss cheese slice and two pickle slices. Roll tightly and place seam-side down on baking sheet. Lightly coat rolled tortillas with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until filling is hot and tortillas are golden.
Tip: For a bite-sized snack, cut each roll into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces. For a creamy dipping sauce, mix equal parts mayonnaise and your favourite mustard.
Find more recipe ideas at www.armstrongcheese.ca and visit fb.com/armstrongcheese for your chance to win $2,000 in prizes until September 22, 2016.